Ellen Dickson holds a Masters in Business Administration from Babson College and an undergraduate degree from the University of Massachusetts in Boston. She and her husband Chip raised three children, all of whom graduated from the Summit public schools system.
She served for two term on Summit’s City Council, and was then elected as Summit’s Mayor in November, 2011. In her 18 years here, she:
- Served as president of the PTO at Lincoln Hubbard and Summit High School,
- Currently serves as member Board of School Estimate,
- Served for five years on the Zoning Board,
- Served as Council President in 2009,
- Currently serves as Chair of Safety committee, as well as the Finance and Building & Grounds committees
With this kind of experience under her belt, you can truly say she knows Summit from the inside out.
This year, she was named one of the Most Interesting People of Union County by Summit Patch. She is also the 2011 recipient of the Boy Scouts of America “Good Scout” Award.