Ellen Dickson holds a Masters in Business Administration from Babson College and an undergraduate degree from the University of Massachusetts in Boston. She and her husband Chip raised three children, all of whom graduated from the Summit public schools system.
Ellen She served for two term on Summit’s City Council, and was then elected as Summit’s Mayor in November, 2011. She is completing her second year as Mayor of Summit.
In her 20 years here, she:
- Served as president of the PTO at Lincoln Hubbard and Summit High School,
- Currently serves as member Board of School Estimate,
- Served for five years on the Zoning Board,
- Served as Council President in 2009,
- Previously served as Chair of the Safety committee, as well as the Finance and Building & Grounds committees
With this kind of experience under her belt, you can truly say she knows Summit from the inside out.
She was named one of the Most Interesting People of Union County by Summit Patch in 2010. She was also the 2011 recipient of the Boy Scouts of America “Good Scout” Award.